Sharing national policing information for a safer community

Individuals Checks

Individuals may request a national police check on themselves.

For example, a person may be required to present a National Police Certificate as:

Fewer than 500 checks within a 3-year period

If you require fewer than 500 checks within a 3-year period, or are an individual seeking a national police check contact either:

1. Your local police service

From your local police agency you can locate the relevant application form:

2. A CrimTrac-accredited “broker”

Commercial national police checking service providers are authorised to conduct national police checks for their customers.

Select the link to the NPCS Accredited Agencies list. From there you can locate a broker which may be authorised to provide services for your organisation.